What We Do
Fire Department Training
- Completed formal Hydrogen First Responder Training offered by the California Fuel Cell Partnership and Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Have provided training for 8 crews from the U.S. Federal Fire Department on two 700 bar hydrogen refuelling stations
- Have the required experience and expertise to train Australia's Fire and Rescue crews on hydrogen safety and first response (presently contracted through a large automotive manufacturer to conduct preliminary training for specific N.S.W. crews)
- Are certified to train on specific manufacturer hydrogen generators (Electrolysers)
- Have trained a vast number of hydrogen system end users on system use and general hydrogen safety
- Have trained a vast number of junior engineers and technicians on hydrogen system safety, operation & maintenance
- Offer a detailed hydrogen training course which includes in depth hydrogen awareness training along with in depth technical details required for the safe design, build, operation and maintenance of hydrogen systems
Hydrogen Refuelling Stations
We have a large amount of hands on experience with Hydrogen Refuelling Stations.
Please see here for more detailed relevant experience on specific plants.
- Feasibility studies
- Locating analysis
- Requirements analysis/documentation
- Design, build, commission/test, operation and maintenance
- Plant efficiency data gathering, studies/reports and improvements
- Safety and fire code compliance
- Fire alarm system design, build and commissioning
- Hazardous operability/Identification of safety vulnerability studies
- Project safety management plans
- Emergency response plans
- Plant standard operating procedures
- Operator/maintenance/user training
- Bulk hydrogen transport
- Purity sample collection and testing
Other Hydrogen Projects/Experience:
Hydrogen Internal Combustion Engine Powered Vehicles
We were directly involved with fleet management and maintenance of 10 hydrogen internal combustion engine vehicles (3.5 years). We are passionate about hydrogen powered vehicles of all types and plan to go racing them soon!
Hydrogen PEM FC Powered Forklifts
We have been directly responsible for writing a commercialisation plan for Metal Hydride Hydrogen Storage Proton Exchange Membrane (PEM) Fuel Cell (FC) Powered Forklifts. We have also completed maintenance on two different manufacturers hydrogen PEM FC powered forklifts. We have been directly involved with "first fills" of these forklifts.
Hydrogen PEM FC Light Cart
We were directly involved with the design, build and commissioning of the world's first Hydrogen PEM FC Powered light cart for the U.S. Air Force. This system included a 12 kw PEM FC and PLC automation control system.
Hydrogen PEM FC System Development
We have been responsible for development of a 1.5 kw PEM Fuel Cell System (including balance of plant and storage system) for use in an unmanned air vehicle.
Renewables to Hydrogen
We produced a large Government report analysing hydrogen distribution options for a Pacific Island, using otherwise curtailed renewable energy (1 GW renewable installation). We have also studied PEM FC (on board vehicle) integration to microgrids.